The concept of coaching:
Coaching starts from starting training by investing in what people have first before adding anything new, so you may be one of the few who have been given the opportunity to learn or hear about training. Since coaching is one of the terms that has spread widely in the last twenty years, it is the latest self-development program. People have the resources needed for change, but they often underestimate the presence of these resources and start looking for other resources before investing in what they have, as the trainer was the facilitator and manager of the collaborative dialogue that allows them to get the appropriate results from their resources.
Coaching is a training and development process that provides support to the individual while achieving the results as well as the personal and practical goal. The person who attends the training is called “coachee.” The term “teaching” can be used for informal relationships between two people, where one has more experience and expertise than the other and gives offers and advice; however, the other is passing through a learning process. Coaching is the coachee’s participation in a process that stimulates thinking and creativity in order to increase the underlying personal and professional skills (the World Coaching Federation).
Coaching using NLP techniques is defined as one of the modern programs that deals with advanced techniques through direct training with the trainee, as it shows the best of the trainee by changing and improving what they focus on. Also, coaching focuses on seizing opportunities that you don’t use or focus on. The best contribution of NLP trainers is to transform ordinary people into the highest ranks to do what is required of them, facilitate the achievement of reaching goals, accomplish goals, and achieve what you want at any stage of their life, as this technique that you will learn will help you to create your future the way you want.
The five coaching tools:
The coaching tools are as follows:
- Communication with others.
- The challenge.
- Teaching and learning.
The characteristics of the accompanying training:
The characteristics of the training are as follows:
- Not focusing on direct guidance, but rather on helping the individual to develop themselves.
- Achieving the goals of the institution and personal goals at the same time.
- Emphasizing that the individual has potential and energies that were not invested efficiently.
- Focusing on the actual practice and the actual needs of the individual.
Leadership coaching is also distinguished by its interest in providing special coaching sessions for leaders and managers to support them in the following:
- Understanding the type of current challenges.
- Explaining and clarifying the future vision of the institution.
- Discovering the gap and knowing its cause and place between them.
- Providing a space for free reflection and contemplation to increase awareness of the leadership role.
- Giving the opportunity to express and participate.
The difference between human resource management and human resource development:
By providing better working conditions for employees, we can realize the difference between HR and HD. HD is a branch of management, which is concerned with making the best possible use of the human resources of the organization. Also, it includes those activities that organize and coordinate the human resources of the entities. In addition, it aims to maintain good relations at various levels of management.
On the other hand, Human Resource Development (HRD) is a group of human resource management that continues to focus on the growth and development of the workforce in the organization. Also, there are many people to whom human resource management and human resource development carry the same meaning, but this is not true .
1. The concept of Human Resource Management:
It is called “Human Resource Management” and is known in short as HRM, to a systematic branch of management concerned with managing people at work so that they can provide the best results for the organization. The application of management principles to the people working in the organization aims to improve performance and productivity of the organization and that by knowing the effectiveness of its human capital. Therefore, human resource management is a distinct art designed with the aim of placing the right person in the right job to ensure the best possible use of the workforce in the organization.
The process includes a set of activities that start with the process of recruitment, selection, counseling, induction, training, development, performance assessment, incentives,compensation, motivation, maintenance of occupational safety policy, health and social protection policies, management of organizational relations and change management.
2. The concept of Human Resource Development:
The term human resource development or human resource development refers to the development of people working in an organization, and it is a part of the Human Resources Department, which aims to improve the skills, knowledge, competencies, attitudes, and behaviors of employees in the organization. The purpose of human resource development is to empower and strengthen the capabilities of employees so that their performance improves better than before.
Human resource development also includes providing such opportunities for employees that show and highlight their usefulness through their comprehensive development. These opportunities include training and development, career development, performance management, talent management, training and guiding, identifying key employees, succession planning and so on. For example, at the present time, there are many organizations that work on the development of human resources for employees from the day they join the institution, and the process continues until the end of their work period.
Among the main and important differences between human resource management and human resource development are the following:
- Human resource management refers to the application of management principles to manage the people working in the organization.
- Human resource development means the continuous development function that aims to improve the performance of people working in the organization.
- HRM is a function of management. On the contrary, HRD is a wing of HRM.
- HRM is a reactive function because it attempts to meet the demands that arise, while HR is a proactive function that meets and anticipates the changing requirements of human resources in the organization.
- Human resource management is a routine process and function of management. On the other hand, human resource development is a continuous process.
- The main objective of human resource management is to raise and improve the efficiency of employees. In contrast, human resource development aims to develop the skill, knowledge, and efficiency of employees and the entire organization.
- HRD is an organizationally oriented process. This is a subsystem of a large system. Unlike human resource management where there are separate roles to play, making it a separate function.
- HRM is concerned with people only. In contrast, HRD focuses on developing the entire organization.
- HRM differs from HRD in the sense that HRM is linked to HRD, while HRD is linked to employee development.
- HRM is a larger concept than HRD.
HRM includes a range of organizational activities such as planning, staffing, development, monitoring, maintaining, relationship management, and evaluation. However, HRD itself covers development, learning, career development, talent management, performance assessment, employee engagement, and empowerment.